U.S. Fencing Industry Overview
The U.S. fencing market size is expected to reach USD 12.0 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid growth in construction activities for both, residential and commercial buildings, along with security and privacy concerns, drives the demand for fences in U.S.
U.S. Fencing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. fencing market on the basis of material, distribution channel, installation, application, end use, and region:
Based on the Material Insights, the market is segmented into Metal, Wood, Plastic & Composite, Concrete.
- The metal fencing segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to its increased demand from the residential sector and government organizations, as well as for public places, associations, and businesses. Metal fencing is widely adopted owing to its security, minimal maintenance requirements, and durability attributes.
- The cost-effectiveness, security, and aesthetic value of metal fencing are driving the segment growth. The concrete segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate over the forecast period owing to the easy installation and maintenance, and strength the material provides.
Based on the Distribution Channel Insights, the market is segmented into Online, Retail.
- Growing awareness of the benefits offered by online channels encourages suppliers to opt for these channels over offline distribution channels. The benefits of online channels include considerably lower startup costs, less capital, and better customer experience. Online channels also help in building and maintaining better customer relations across a variety of platforms.
- Retail emerged as the largest distribution channel segment in 2019. Fencing manufacturers in the U.S. prefer selling their products through distributors and their sales and services centers. Suppliers often choose the offline channel as it allows them to run their business without making investments in marketing budgets.
Based on the Installation Insights, the market is segmented into Do-It-Yourself, Contractor.
- Fences installed by professionals have a high level of quality, require lesser time and effort, and ensure durability and longevity owing to the superior materials they use. Fencing manufacturers collaborate with contractors who have knowledge pertaining to installation. This is anticipated to drive the segment growth.
- Customers prefer it if their fences are installed by professionals as their placement and aesthetics in the premises play a crucial role in determining the value of the property. The Do-It-Yourself (DIY) installation packages are tailored to customer needs.
- However, the installation of fences by the do-it-yourself method lacks quality due to inadequate experience. This ultimately results in the deterioration of the appearance and value of a property.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Government, Petroleum & Chemicals, Military & Defense, Mining, Energy & Power, Transport, Others.
- The military and defense segment dominates the market owing to the adoption of fencing for multiple applications such as military buildings and defense infrastructures to prevent intrusions and ensure the security of assets within military installations.
- Moreover, increasing the need for improving border security and other military applications is significantly driving the demand for fencing in the military and defense segment.
- The energy and power segment is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The premises of energy and power stations are required to be completely barricaded by fences, CCTVs, and other security equipment.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Agricultural, Industrial.
- The residential segment dominated the market in 2019 and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- The segment is driven by the growing real estate market, increasing number of construction projects, and the rise in demand for home décor as well as privacy and security. The segment was valued at USD 5.3 billion in 2019 and is estimated to witness remarkable growth over the forecast period.
- Increased consumer spending on home improvement activities, coupled with a rise in disposable incomes, is also expected to drive the segment growth over the forecast period. PVC and metal fencing are the most widely adopted materials for the residential application.
U.S. Fencing Regional Outlook
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The industry may witness a rise in small companies that address niche markets and provide customized solutions with limited scope. However, the industry will be dominated by large companies. The industry is also marked by numerous regional companies that may be acquired or merged with larger companies in the coming years.
Some prominent players in the U.S. fencing market include
- Allied Tube & Conduit
- Gregory Industries, Inc.
- Jerith Manufacturing Company Inc.
- Long Fence Company, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Fencing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519