Facebook is undoubtedly one of the most popular and commonly used social media platforms, and it is accessed by millions of people all over the world. The platform is well known for the great features that it provides to its users. Facebook provides you with a way to connect with the whole world. Even though this social media service has been around for a long time now, if you are one of its early adopters, then you possibly have a Facebook account. Well, there can be some Facebook users who might wish to change their names on their profiles. And fortunately, anyone can easily change their Facebook name.
If you are also one of the users who want to change their Facebook name but don’t know how to do so, you are on the right page now. By reading this post, you will be able to get the method following which you can change your name on Facebook. So, please keep reading the article to see the technique.
Method to Change the Name on Facebook
Anyone can easily and quickly change their Facebook profile name. For this purpose, you will need to follow the method that you will get to see in this post. And as this is a cross-platform social media service, we are going to provide you with the techniques to change the profile name for the devices, including Android, iOS, and desktop computers. The techniques are quite simple and straightforward to follow. So, let’s see what steps you are going to follow to change your name on your Facebook profile.
Steps to Change the Name on Facebook using an Android Device
Here are the steps that you will have to follow to change your Facebook profile name using an Android device:
- To get started with the task, first of all, you will have to launch the Facebook app on your Android device and then log in to your account.
- After signing in, tap the hamburger menu icon positioned at the top-right corner of your screen. And now, you will see some options on your screen. Scroll down and tap on the option of “Settings and Privacy.”
- On the next screen, select the option of “Settings” from the drop-down menu, and then navigate to the “Personal Information” section.
- Now, under the Personal Information section, tap on your name and enter the new name that you want to add. Here, you will be asked to enter your first, middle, and last name.
- After this, scroll down and tap the “Review Change” button at the bottom of the screen.
- And now, you will have to select the display preference for your name.
- Lastly, enter your password and then hit the “Save Changes” button. And that’s it. This is how you change your name on Facebook using your Android device.
Instructions to Change the Name on Facebook using an iOS Device
Follow the steps to change the name on Facebook using an iOS device:
- Start the task by launching the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad and then log in to your account.
- Now, go to the hamburger menu icon at the bottom right corner and then select the option of “Settings and Privacy.”
- And next, from the submenu that appears, you will have to tap on the “Settings” option.
- After this, you will reach the account settings page, and here, you will have to choose the option of “Personal Information.”
- Tap on your name, and after reaching the next screen, type the name you would like to use for your Facebook profile.
- And once you are done typing the name, tap the blue “Review Change” button.
- Lastly, to complete the process, enter your password and then tap the “Save Changes” option. And that’s it.
Changing the Name on Facebook via Desktop Computer
If you are using a computer system to change your name on Facebook, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, open a web browser on your computer system and visit the Facebook login page to sign in to your account.
- After signing in, go to the downward arrow icon at the top-right corner of the screen. Clicking on the icon will show you a pop-up menu with some options. You will have to click on the “Settings and Privacy” option.
- Now, click on the “Settings” from the submenu.
- After this, you will reach the account settings page. Navigate to the “General Account Settings” section and click on the “Edit” option given next to your name.
- Enter the name that you want to use. You will have to enter your first name, middle name, and last name.
- And after changing the name, click on the option of “Review Change.”
- A pop-up window will now appear on your screen where you will see the variations of your name. Choose any of them and then enter your password.
- Lastly, complete the task by clicking on the “Save Changes” option.
So, these were the procedures for changing the name on Facebook using your Android device, iOS device, and desktop computers. And this is it for now. If you want to read more informative blogs like this, you can reach our website.
Read Official Blog Post – Want to Change Your Name on Facebook? Here’s How You Can Do So