Whenever you start your computer system, Windows is not the only program that starts. There are several other programs as well that load with Windows. All of these auto-launch software consumes the memory on your system and makes your computer slower. In that case, it’s always better to disable these startup apps on your computer system. And fortunately, there is an easy way of doing so. Do you also use Windows 10 on your computer and want to disable the startup apps? Don’t know how to do so? If that is the situation, then there is no need to look anywhere else now. This report will show you the methods for disabling the startup apps on your Windows 10 computer. Here, we have mentioned two different procedures for doing that. The techniques are easy enough to follow and will not consume much of your time.
Disabling these startup programs will also improve the functioning of your computer system and will provide you with a better computing experience. So, to get the steps, please go through the complete article.
Method 1: Disabling the Startup Apps through the Windows Settings.
This is the first and the easiest way that you can try to disable the startup apps on your Windows 10 computer. This procedure is straightforward that can be followed by any of the Windows 10 users. Here’s what you need to do to disable the startup apps using the Windows settings:
- To get started with this method, launch the Settings on your computer system by clicking on the Windows icon that you can see at the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Now, on the settings screen, you will be provided with the list of the apps installed on your computer. Select the apps and scroll down through your screen until you see an option of the “Startup”. When you see the option, click on it. Here, you will see the list of the apps that startup automatically on your computer. You will also see the toggle button given next to each app. Toggle off the button for the app that you don’t want Windows to run at the startup automatically.
Method 2: Disabling the Startup Apps Using the Task Manager.
Using the Task Manager also, you can control and disable the startup apps on your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, you need to launch the Task Manager by using the shortcut key combination that is Ctrl + Alt + Del. Or you can open the Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar and select the option of the “Task Manager”.
- On the next screen, select the option of “More Details” and then go through the “Startup” tab.
- After this, you can disable the apps that you don’t want to run at the startup. You can do that by right-clicking on the app name and select the option of “Disable”. And that’s it.
So, this was about disabling the startup apps on your Windows 10 computer. Try any of these procedures and make your computer work faster. And if you want to read more articles like this, stay connected with us and check out our website.
Jackson Henry. I’m a writer living in USA. I am a fan of technology, arts, and reading. I’m also interested in writing and education. You can read my blog with a click on the button above.