Since its launch in the year 2015, Google Photos has always been a popular option for photos sharing and storage service for millions of people. Until recently, the platform has been offering free unlimited storage to all users. Google Photos covers some excellent features that anyone can easily use. No doubt, it is an easy-to-use photo storage service with a user-friendly UI, but there can be some users who might want to transfer all of their pictures from Google Photos to iCloud storage service. The iCloud is also considered popular cloud storage and cloud computing service that one can use on any of their Apple devices and Windows operating system. And if you want, you can quickly transfer all of your files from Google Photos to iCloud storage service. Do you know how you can do so? Want to know what you will need to do to transfer all of your pictures from Google Photos to iCloud?
If you own an iOS device and are wondering how you can move all of your media files from Google Photos to iCloud, then you don’t need to worry now. Here, we are going to explain this task with all the details. In the following post, we are going to provide a method through which anyone will be able to transfer their pictures from Google Photos to iCloud. In order to see the technique, you must go through this entire guide.
Method to Transfer Media Files from Google Photos to iCloud
In the year 2020, Google announced to end its free unlimited photo storage service. And as per the information, the changes will take effect from June 1st. Google Photos will now start to charge for storage once more than 15 gigs on the account have been utilized. And because of this change, there can be some Google Photos users who might be planning to switch to the iCloud storage service. Or there can be other reasons as well because of which you might want to transfer your media files from Google Photos to iCloud. And thankfully, you can move all of your data from Google Photos to iCloud with much ease. You will need to follow a proper procedure for this. Here, we have mentioned some instructions that you should follow to accomplish this task. Let’s see what steps you are going to follow here.
Steps to Move Pictures from Google Photos to iCloud
Here’s how you can move your pictures from Google Photos to iCloud storage:
- To get started, firstly, you will have to launch a web browser on your computer system. And then, go to “takeout.google.com.”
- After you reach the website, scroll down through your screen and find the Google Photos option. Check the box given next to the option.
- Now, click on the “Next Step” button placed at the bottom of the screen.
- After this, you will be asked to select the desired file size, type, and other options.
- Navigate to the “Create Export” option and then click it. And that’s it. The process may some time to complete. So, if you want, you can leave the page or stay there. If you are exporting a vast library, then it may take a few days to complete the process. And once the process gets completed, you will be notified by email.
So, this is all about transferring the pictures from Google Photos to iCloud. Go through the technique, and feel free to reach us if you face any issues. And keep visiting our website to get all the tech-related updates.