Weft extensions are a type of hair extension that is typically sewn into your natural hair to add length and/or fullness. The weft itself is a strip of hair that has been woven together, and the hair on the weft can be either synthetic or real human hair. Weft hair extensions can be applied in a variety of ways, including with glue, tape, or clips. They can also be sewn in by a professional stylist.
Benefits of Weft Hair Extensions
Weft extensions are a popular type of hair extension because they offer a number of benefits. They can be used to add length, volume, or both to your natural hair. Weft extensions are also relatively easy to install and take care of, which makes them a good option for those who are new to using hair extensions.
One of the biggest benefits of hair extensions is that they can be styled in many different ways. You can curl them, straighten them, or wear them in any style you like. This flexibility means that you can change up your look as often as you want without having to worry about damaging your natural hair.
These extensions are also very durable and long-lasting. With proper care, they can last for several months at a time. This makes them a great option for those who want to extend their hairstyle without having to worry about constantly replacing their extensions.
Overall, weft extensions offer a number of benefits that make them an attractive option for many people. If you're considering using hair extensions, we recommend giving them a try!
Different Types of Weft Hair Extensions
If you're considering weft extensions, it's important to know that there are different types of wefts to choose from. The type of weft you choose will depend on your desired look and the amount of natural hair you have to work with.
The most common type of weft is the single-drawn weft. This type of weft is made from a single strand of hair that is drawn through a thin strip of fabric. Single-drawn wefts are thinner and less bulky than double-drawn wefts, making them a good choice for those with thinner hair. They can also be cut to any length, making them versatile for creating different looks.
Double-drawn wefts hair extensions are made from two strands of hair that are drawn through a thin strip of fabric. Double-drawn wefts are thicker than single-drawn wefts and may be too bulky for those with thin hair. They can also be cut to any length, making them versatile for creating different looks.
Machine-made wefts are made by machines, not hand-tied. Machine-made wefts are less likely to shed or come loose than hand-tied wefts, making them a good choice for those with fine or thin hair. However, they can be more difficult to blend with your natural hair if you don't have a lot of it.
Hand-tied wefts are made by hand, not machine. Hand-tied hair extensions involves attaching individual wefts of hair to your natural hair using a hand-tied technique. This method uses thin wefts of hair that are hand-sewn together, creating a lightweight and natural-looking result. Hand-tied extensions are typically made from high-quality human hair and can be customized to match your natural hair color, texture, and length.
How to Choose the Right Weft Hair Extensions for You?
- Decide the purpose of the weft hair extension. The most common use for weft hair extensions is to add length and/or volume to your natural hair.
- Consider the different types of hair extensions. There are many different types of weft extensions on the market, made from a variety of materials including human hair, synthetic fibers, and even feathers.
- Determine which type of attachment method is right for you. Hair extensions can be attached to your natural hair using a variety of methods, including glue-in, sew-in, clip-in, and tape-in methods.
- Select the right color. Weft extensions come in a wide range of colors, so it’s important to choose a shade that will blend well with your natural hair color.
- Choose the right length. Weft extensions are available in a variety of lengths, so you’ll want to select the length that best suits your needs.
Tips & Tricks for Wearing Weft Hair Extensions
- Start by brushing your hair to remove any knots or tangles.
- Next, take a small section of hair from the top of your head and clip it back. This will help keep the weft in place while you're applying it.
- Now, take the weft and align it with the natural fall of your hair. Clip it into place at the top of your head.
- Continue clipping the weft in place along the length of your hair. Be sure to leave some slack at the bottom so that you can adjust the weft as needed.
- Finally, style your hair as desired!
Alternatives to Weft Hair Extensions
When it comes to hair extensions, there are many different options to choose from. Weft hair extensions are a popular option, but they're not the only option. If you're looking for alternatives to weft extensions, here are a few options to consider:
- Tape-In Extensions: Tape-in extensions are a semi-permanent option that can last up to 8 weeks with proper care. They are applied by bonding small strips of tape to your natural hair and then attaching the extension hair to the tape. Tape-in extensions are generally less damaging than other types of extensions, but they can be more expensive.
- Clip-In Extensions: Clip-in extensions are a temporary option that can be applied and removed as needed. They are attached using small clips and can be worn for a special event or night out. Clip-in extensions are generally less expensive than other types of extensions, but they can be more damaging if not applied properly.
- Microlink Extensions: Microlink extensions are a semi-permanent option that can last up to 6 months with proper care. They are applied by threading small sections of your natural hair through metal rings and then attaching the extension hair to the rings. Microlink extensions can be more expensive than other types of extensions, but they cause less damage to your natural hair.
We hope this guide to weft hair extensions has given you a better understanding of what they are and how they can help you achieve the look you desire. From proper installation to maintenance, now you know all the tips and tricks for taking care of your investment and making sure it lasts as long as possible. With quality products available on the market, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to find a set that looks natural while giving you the extra length and volume that’ll bring out your best features.