Shaving is one of the most tedious and neglected tasks for men. Is shaving a horror moment for you? Shaving is a process where you must take care of the razor, shaving technique, and, most importantly, shaving cream. It plays a crucial role as it performs three main functions: soften hair, reduce nicks and snags, and moisturize it.
To assist you in navigating a wide range of products, we have curated a list of the best shaving products for men in India. This blog will help you understand the basics of a shaving routine and the best shaving products for men.
What is a good Shaving routine for men?
You might wonder if there is a routine for common tasks like shaving. There is, indeed. It will help to prepare your skin, moisturize it, and reduce the chances of annoyance and razor cuts.
First, wet your face to make the skin soft. The best time to shave is right after the shower. After a shower, your skin is moist and free from oil and dead skin cells that can choke your razor blade.
Apply lathering shaving cream.
When choosing a shaving cream, you should be careful, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin. The shaving gels and creams from Old Spice, Fa Men, and Skin Tatva are the best men's shaving products suitable for all skin types.
Apply a small amount of the cream to your face in a circular motion using your fingers or shaving brush. The brush aids in lifting the hairs and evenly coating them with shaving cream.
Let the cream penetrate into your skin.
You should let the cream sit for two to three minutes so that it can go deep into the beard, especially if you have thicker facial hair.
Shave in the direction of beard growth.
It is a crucial step to help avoid razor bumps and burns. It also promotes healthy hair growth.
Rinse after every use of the razor. You should throw away disposable razors to minimize irritation.
Apply after-shave lotion or moisturizer.
Once you are done shaving, splash your face with cold water to reduce inflammation. After shaving, you should apply an after-shave lotion from Fa Men or a moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or higher. The moisturizer plays the role of closing the pores, and SPF will protect the skin from ultraviolet rays.
Store your razor in a dry area.
You need to ensure that the razor is completely dry before you shave. After use, store it in a dry area so that it is free from bacteria and other infections.
Which products are best for shaving for men?
Show your beard some love with this amazing beard softener. If you want to look well-groomed, your beard requires a hydrating and nourishing touch. Because of its powerful ingredients, you should definitely add it to your shaving and beard care kit. Maintaining a sturdy beard is now a cakewalk with the help of this beard softener.
- It deeply moisturizes, softens the beard, and repairs damaged hair.
- Effective in thickening and conditioning the hair.
- The ideal companion for giving you a super soft feel.
- A flawless combination of beneficial ingredients such as aloe vera, shea butter, and nourishing natural oils.
- Effortlessly nourishes your beard without any harmful chemicals.
Directions for use:
- Take a small amount and spread it evenly between your fingers.
- Rub it in the direction you want to style it and give it a smooth touch from the top.
- Use a comb to ensure it spreads evenly throughout the beard.
It's time to tame and groom your beard with Old Spice Pre Shave Cream. It is one of the best shaving products for men and prepares your beard for a smooth shaving experience. Using this will soften your beard's stubborn hair and moisturize the skin for a hassle-free shave.
- It comes with a rich and creamy lather, making it an exceptional shaving cream.
- It stays on your beard long and lasts throughout the shave.
- The classic Old Spice scent that will steal your heart.
- Leaves a well-groomed look after use.
- It helps you feel fresh and present when you step out for an important occasion.
Directions for use:
- Take a small amount and place it on your palm.
- Rub both palms together.
- Apply and spread the manly fragrance of Old Spice on your face.
Do you know what will actually complete a shave? Fa Men After Shave Lotion.
Is it a necessary addition to the shaving kit for men? A thousand times, Yes!
- Splash it on your face and neck and unleash the masculine appeal.
- Gives you a perfect finish and after-shave look.
- It soothes your skin and makes you feel completely relaxed.
- Indulge in the refreshing fragrance of aromatic and woody notes.
- Contains provitamin B5, which rejuvenates your skin.
Directions for use:
Apply it after shaving to provide nourishment to the skin and prevent dryness.
Is your beard growing in patches, and you're tired of having one? Your beard needs intense nourishment. Muuchstac Herbal Beard Growth Oil is here to put an end to your desire for a long and thicker beard.
- It promotes the growth of hair follicles and adds volume to the beard.
- Aids in filling the patchy beard.
- The organic ingredients help strengthen the hair roots and revitalize the natural hair growth cycle.
- It is a wholesome ayurvedic product that contains ingredients such as Jojoba Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Sweet Almond Oil & Coconut Oil.
- Helps to maintain the growth of the beard and its natural shine.
- It softens your beard and keeps it frizz-free.
Directions for use:
- On your palm, apply 2–3 drops of Muuchstac beard growth oil.
- Rub it well on your beard and let it stay overnight.
- Wash your face the next morning and remove the extra oil.
- Use it daily to notice the difference in beard growth in 3–6 weeks.
Now shaving is effortless and painless with Skin Tatva Shaving Gel. It offers a distinctive gel technology that makes monotonous tasks like shaving a wonderful experience. A flagbearer of the Make in India initiative, this shaving gel makes it to the list of top men's shaving products.
- It is a breakthrough botanical formula that is free from alcohol and chemicals.
- It creates a thick, protective lather that shields the skin from razor blades.
- Effective in creating a layer that minimizes the risk of irritation, redness, and burning.
- Aloe vera, Eclipta, and Curcuma longa are ingredients that soothe and calm the skin.
- Specially curated for sensitive skin that is free from chemicals.
Directions for use:
Apply the gel to the parts of your face or body you want to shave. Create a thick layer, and then shave effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do dermatologists recommend for shaving?
The dermatologists recommend a four-step formula-
- Wash your face and splash your skin. It will help to get a clean base before shaving.
- Spread the shaving cream evenly.
- Shave in the direction of beard growth.
- Rinse after each shave to reduce the chances of infections.
- Is it better to shave with gel or cream?
Both shaving gels and creams help you to get smooth skin after shaving. When it comes to shaving gel, they are clear, transparent & easy to use, especially for beginners.
If you consider shaving cream, it forms a foamy lather & thick coating for hassle-free shaving. It all boils down to your personal preference and comfort levels.
- What is the healthiest way to shave?
The right and healthiest way to shave is to shave in the direction of beard growth. If you shave in the opposite direction, there are high chances of ingrown hair & cuts.
When you shave in the natural direction of hair growth, you will have a smooth shaving experience without any redness, burning, or irritation.
On a Grooming Note!
Maintaining a proper shaving routine is crucial to avoid your beard becoming a bush. We hope you found the answers to the common shaving queries here and are on board for an amazing shaving experience.