Wisdom teeth emerge from the gums. You can find them growing in a person's mouth at the very back. There are four wisdom teeth, one on each side of the gum line. Pain in the wisdom teeth can be chronic for some people, while other people only feel discomfort when chewing or touching the area around their wisdom teeth. Dentists at the Best Dental Clinic in Kolkata generally recommend removing wisdom teeth before they cause problems.
Causes of wisdom teeth pain
- Growing pain: If your wisdom teeth are causing you pain, it could be that they are growing in at the wrong time. Breaking the gums might result in pain, soreness, or swelling.
- Impacted tooth: If you've got impacted wisdom teeth, you're going to have swelling, pain when chewing or biting, and jaw pain.
- Gum disease: Wisdom teeth are more prone to gum disease because of their placement and lack of space, which makes them more difficult to keep clean.
Treatment of wisdom teeth pain
- Medication: If the infection in the wisdom teeth is severe, the dentist may prescribe antibiotics. You should wait at least a week before having a tooth extracted or fixed after taking this medicine. It aids in the healing of the infection and keeps it from spreading.
- Wisdom teeth removal: A wisdom tooth extraction is the most effective technique to cure any wisdom tooth-related problems and avoid future difficulties. But if your wisdom teeth are giving you pain, you'll need to take some medicines prescribed by your dentist to reduce the discomfort until your appointment.
- Conservative approach: Dentists will evaluate whether to remove a tooth or choose a more cautious strategy that could save the tooth. The cavity can be filled, preventing food from being trapped and bacteria from growing.
Wisdom tooth pain should not be ignored. Wisdom tooth extraction is the most effective treatment for wisdom tooth pain and protects your dental and overall health. If you suspect that your wisdom teeth are causing you pain, make an appointment with the best dentists at TeethCare Multispeciality Dental Clinic as soon as possible.