There can be many factors that are responsible for your back pain. It can be your sudden action, wrong postures, long working hours, or any accident that injured your backbone. All these conditions add up to put more stress on the back which leads to chronic back pain. According to a study, around 80% of Americans suffer from lower back pain. To cure it, you can choose from a wide range of treatments that are best for your condition. The most popular back pain treatments are chiropractic adjustment in Denver and massages. Although, mixing these two treatments can also help you to recover from chronic back pain. But which one is more effective? Let’s find out!
- Chiropractor care is given by a trained and certified doctor of chiropractic (D.C) from a specialized and reputed university. It is used to treat the pain by adjusting the musculoskeletal system including your spine, muscles, tendons, and all other surrounding joints. Whereas massage is done by a licensed massage therapist. He or she applies direct soft pressure to affected tissues or muscles to relieve pain and boost the healing of damaged tissues.
- Chiropractic treatment helps to align your spine and specific joints whereas massage therapy helps to relieve tension around your affected tissues or muscle groups.
- With the help of top chiropractors in Denver, you can get rid of your back pain effectively. Chiropractors are focused on releasing subluxations in your spine, correcting your posture, or giving relief from joint pain, whereas massage therapists are focused on curing muscle pain, tension, and stiffness. Therefore, Massage therapy could be the best option, if you are suffering from muscular pain or tension whereas if you are experiencing any joint, spinal, or musculoskeletal pain, then you may require to consult a chiropractor.
- Massage therapy can be used for manipulation of soft muscle tissue present on the top layers of the body to improve blood flow, helps in sleeping, and cure chronic headaches which can ultimately result in boosted immunity and an increased life expectancy. Whereas Chiropractic treatments, due to their more in-depth body manipulation, are recommended to treat more complex problems like Osteoporosis, Sciatica, Scoliosis as well as Asthma.
- Types of massages:
Chiropractic treatment also involves some types of massages but they are different from what you will receive when you visit a massage therapist.
In chiropractic treatment, there are the following massages:
- Trigger Point massage is done to release muscles that have spasms and are locked in place, creating pain or causing other health issues like headaches or insomnia.
- Deep Tissue massage uses slow movements to target muscles with the help of deep concentrated pressure.
- Lymphatic Drain is a specialized type of massage that helps the lymph nodes to drain to improve immune function and eliminate lymphedema.
Whereas a licensed massage therapist will provide you with the following types of massages:
- Aromatherapy massages are best for people who need emotional healing while enjoying a calming scent. This type of massage can help to boost your mood, reduce stress and anxiety, and reduce symptoms of depression.
- Swedish massage is to relax the entire body. These massages can increase the level of oxygen in the blood, decrease muscle toxins, improve circulation and flexibility, decrease levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Sports massage is for those who are athletes, exercise instructors who want to stretch and relax muscles to improve blood flow and avoid any strain or cramps in the body.
- A massage therapist is not qualified to draw any medical conclusions, nor can they request medical imaging, such as x-rays, or blood work to help aid the source of your pain but chiropractic can ask for x-rays or any other test to find out the root cause of your pain and also prescribe you some nutritional advice to treat you quickly and effectively.
- If you visit for chiropractic treatment, then your visits can be covered by your health insurance but going for a massage in your favorite spa cannot give you any coverage for any mishap.