The Cricut brand is widely known for its top-of-the-class cutting machine. These machines are made to cut any sort of design, from simple circles to complex and intricate shapes. They also work with materials like paper, vinyl, iron-on, etc. After cutting the material, you need to remove the excess and unwanted parts of the materials. That’s where Cricut BrightPad comes to help. It is a light pad that helps you to see all the intricate details of the material and assists you in tracing and weeding materials. Let us learn more about the product in detail.
What are the Features of Cricut BrightPad?
The Light Pad is similar to a tablet with a lighted LED screen that lights up the material on top of it. It is a must-have gadget that assists in weeding vinyl or iron-on. Now, let us see the features of the pad.
- The pad comes with adjustable LED light and is helpful in clearly seeing cut lines for fasters. Also, it aids in the accurate weeding of vinyl and heat-transfer projects.
- It lights up on the details while tracing, paper crafting, and quilt piecing.
- You don’t need to set up the product. All you have to do is just connect it to the power source.
- Moreover, the Cricut BrightPad’s USB cable is 6 feet long, allowing you to work freely.
- Further, it features 3 adjustable brightness that helps you to set it according to your needs.
- The product is lightweight, thin, portable, and also durable.
- Additionally, the screen is made up of 4H hardness, and it is able to resist scratches and scrapes.
- For better grip while working, the pad has a non-slip base.
What is the Cricut BrightPad Used For?
The pad can be used for many things and on different materials. Let us look at how you can use the pad.
- The Light pad is most commonly used while working with vinyl and iron-on materials. It helps in accurate weeding out of the materials, especially with dark colors, detailed cuts, and glitter iron-on materials.
- Also, it helps trace as you can trace so many things using the Cricut BrightPad. It works even while working with thicker materials like cardstock and fabric.
- Further, you can use the pad for drawing. So, it assists in drawing all sorts of designs.
- Additionally, the pad comes to help in drafting and designing.
- If you are looking for a product that will help you with embroidery, cross stitching, or quilting. You will be able to trace the patterns with this product.
- It will be helpful for the projects of lettering and calligraphy.
What are the Pros and Cons of BrightPad?
It is important to know the positives and negatives of the product. We will first look at the pros and cons of the Cricut BrightPad.
- The pad will help easily weeding, tracing, and drawing on the materials.
- Also, as it comes with adjustable brightness settings, you can adjust the backlight depending on the light in your room.
- The product is lightweight, attractive, and well-made.
- Further, there are no complex settings you need to know. It is just super easy to use.
- The Cricut BrightPad has a no-slip base, meaning it stays stable on the table while you work on the material.
- Another important feature and advantage is that the screen is wide and scratch-resistant.
- The major aspect that this pad lacks is that it doesn’t have a rechargeable battery. So, you will always need to plug it into the power source.
- Another limitation is that Cricut BrightPad is a bit expensive.
- Also, it is not so great to work with glitter HTV.
The BrightPad is a thin, tablet-like pad with a bright LED screen providing light on the work surface. It makes weeding, tracing, and drawing functions easier. The product comes with adjustable brightness. Also, the no-slip base helps it to stay stable on the workbench. Its surface is durable and also scratch resistant. Once after using the Cricut BrightPad, it will be difficult to work under normal light settings because it is that good.
What Can I Do With the Cricut BrightPad?
The BrightPad is a tablet-like device that illuminates the workspace to help you perform weeding, tracing, and paper crafting functions. It also helps in quilting and lights the small pieces of paper to help you with modeling. Further, you can use the pad to backlight the slides or negatives for quick review and analysis.
Do You Need a Cricut Machine to Use With the BrightPad?
Not necessarily. You don’t need to have a Cricut machine for you to use the Light pad. It is because it works by itself and doesn’t need a Cricut machine to function. But the BrightPad is designed to help work with the materials after a Cricut machine, such as vinyl, iron-on, cardstock, and more, have been cut. So, you need the pad for accurate weeding, tracing, and drawing on the material.
Can I Use the BrightPad With an External Battery Pack?
Yes, using the Cricut BrightPad with an external power bank and not only a direct power source is possible. The Pad comes with a 6-ft USB cable which helps it to become more flexible if your workstation is away from the power source. The lengthy cable will not hinder your work and light up the tablet.