A credit card is comparable to emergency money in that it enables you to make purchases now and pay for them later. People use credit cards to make payments more conveniently, and as a result, credit card users' credit limits are rising daily, along with concerns about credit card firms. Lack of awareness, obsolete ATMs, and less secure cards are a few instances of credit card fraud complaints.
Therefore, Legalraasta is here to provide you with full guidance to submit a consumer complaint online for any such type of bank fraud or credit card complaint. Therefore, the topic of our blog today is how to register a consumer complaint quickly and easily.
How to report bank fraud as a customer
- You can file a complaint about any bank-related issue on the official government website through the Digital Complaint Management System Portal, which serves as a single location for complaints about NBFCs, banks, and digital transactions.
- You can submit a consumer complaint online by simply selecting the “File a complaint” button.
- Then, you must fill out several required fields, including those pertaining to the complaint, your personal information, and your banking information.
- The denial of credit card transactions, fraudulent transactions, complaints about bill payments, complaints about changes, and the cancellation of credit card accounts are some of the most significant categories of credit card complaints.
Documents needed to submit a consumer complaint
- Important information (name, postal address, phone number, etc.).
- Loss (Type and Amount) that resulted in a consumer complaint.
- Name and contact information for the bank you want to complain about.
- Account information for filing a consumer complaint.
In what court can you complain against a credit card company?
1)You cannot file a consumer case with the Banking Ombudsman and the consumer courts at the same time. Only when you believe that the bank has been careless and has not provided you with sufficient service should you turn to consumer forums.
2)A consumer may file a complaint against a credit card firm at one of the three levels mentioned—the District, State, or National Levels—each of which has its own sphere of influence and jurisdiction.
- The level at which the complaint is lodged will rely on two factors: the amount of capital involved and the location of the loss. You could also make your consumer complaint in the location where the money was lost.
- A minimum of Rs. 20 Lakhs must be used to file consumer court cases in the district forum. The amount of money required by the State Commission to file consumer court cases must range from Rs. 20 Lakhs to Rs. 1 Crore. The filing fee for a National Commission consumer court must be greater than Rs. 1 crore.
We trust you now fully understand the process for filing complaints against credit card companies or bank fraud. However, if you find this procedure drawn out and challenging to comprehend, please contact our Legalraasta team of professionals, who can file a consumer complaint in the most effective manner.