The Personal Care Assistance (PCA) Program is a financial assistance program that assists seniors and people with disabilities in living in their own homes. The program assists in paying for personal, home health, and adult daycare services. You must be a senior or have a disability to be eligible for the PCA Program.
What advantages does the Personal Care Assistance Program provide?
The Personal Care Assistance Program has numerous advantages, including:
- Receiving assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and grooming Receiving assistance with daily instrumental activities such as cooking, cleaning, and medication administration
- Having someone to provide emotional and companionship
- Getting help with transportation to appointments or other activities Getting help staying connected to the community
- The Personal Care Assistance Program can help seniors stay healthy and independent while giving their loved ones peace of mind.
What is the process for applying for the Personal Care Assistance Program?
If you need assistance paying for care, the Personal Care Assistance (PCA) Program may be a good fit for you. This program assists in defraying some of the costs of caring for a loved one. You will need to provide information about yourself and your loved one to apply for the PCA Program.
You can apply for the PCA Program online by clicking here. The application procedure is straightforward, and the PCA Program staff will guide you through it.
To be eligible for the PCA Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have you heard of MassHealth Standard or CommonHealth?
- Have a permanent or long-term disability
- Physical assistance is required for two or more Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), such as eating, dressing, grooming, medication administration, or passive range of motion.
The Personal Care Assistance Program, which assists seniors and people with disabilities in living in their own homes, is the best option for you. easing consumers' daily needs such as bathing, cooking, dressing, and grooming