Image SEO is an optimization of images' dimensions and file names, as well as alt text, markup dimensions, and captions, in order to make sure that the images load fast and are more easily discovered by search engines. Below are the 10 essential steps to refined image SEO.
- Select a high-quality image: High-quality images are essential in order to be different from the rest. According to the best SEO experts, images that are blurry and difficult to comprehend won't aid you.
- Choose the appropriate format: The initial stage in SEO for images is choosing the correct image format. According to the leading SEO firm, the image must be an image format that can provide the most efficient compression while maintaining the best image quality possible.
- Give your images names: Google releases a handbook of its own best practices for image submissions. One of the most important tips is to use descriptive image titles. If you've submitted images previously to a website, you can change the names of your files to be more descriptive.
- Verify the dimensions of your images: You need to adjust your images to accommodate the maximum display size of your site.
- Reduce the dimensions of the images you upload: Photos make up an average of 21 percent of a page's total weight. That's why you need to compress your images prior to uploading them on your site.
- Utilize distinctive images: Although it is permissible to use stock photos, it is not beneficial to your SEO. Therefore, you should take your product images and upload them to the site.
- Use sitemaps: You would like Google to search for all the images on your website and then display them within Google Image Search. It is recommended that the SEO services should concentrate on creating a specific sitemap that contains the URLs of every image.
- Create an image with structured information: Google Images provides structured data for various types of images, such as recipes, videos, and other products. Therefore, you can use structured data to enhance the quality of your images' search snippets and boost click-throughs.
- Utilize content delivery Networks(CDN): CDN caches your images and files over an international network of servers. Therefore, when you utilize CDNs when you have a visitor to your site, it will load the image from the server closest to him.
- Create mobile-friendly images: Smartphones account for over 50% of traffic to websites. If your images aren't mobile-friendly and adaptable to different screen sizes, the images won't be able to provide an identical experience for the entire audience you want to reach.
DotCreative is the most reputable SEO company in Kolkata. We can help you enhance the SEO of your image for your site.