Often, not much importance is given to aesthetics when it comes to restrooms in public spaces like airport, hotels and restaurants. However, it is important to know that aesthetics is important public restrooms too. Their maintenance is important. Porcelain tiles are one of the best choices for public restrooms as it is less porous and durable,and will last for a long time. Porcelain tiles are inexpensive and offer unmatched design versatility. A reliable porcelain tile distributor that offers a wide selection of high quality tiles at affordable rates will guide customers in choosing the best option for their needs.
Advantages Of Porcelain tiles
- Hygienic:Porcelain tiles are easy to clean. Moreover,they are resistant to chemicals and cleaning solutions etc. This makes it easier to scrub and clean the tiles, and maintain hygiene.
- Fireproof:Another major benefit of porcelain tiles is that they are fire resistant. In the event of a fire, these tiles don’t burn or produce toxic fumes.
- Ideal for high traffic areas: With higher foot traffic, the chances of wear and tear, are high. But porcelain tiles can withstand high traffic and continue to look good. That’s one of the main reasons they are the best choice for public restrooms.
- Highly durable: Porcelain tiles are highly durable because they are hard and dense. They can resist scratching, chipping and cracking. If well maintained, they can last for 15 to 20 years. Unlike natural stone flooring, porcelain tiles never need to be sealed to maintain their waterproof properties.
- Easy to maintain: Porcelain tiles are stain resistant and this makes them easy to clean, and with just light mopping, they will look as good as new. This is one of the main reasons why porcelains tiles are preferred for bathrooms.
- Less moisture absorption: Porcelain tiles are impervious to water and don’t absorb much moisture. This makes them highly suitable for wet environments and ideal for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Anti- slip:Porcelain tiles have a glaze that has a special gritty texture which makes them slip resistant.
Installing and Maintaining Porcelain Tiles
- Porcelain tile should be installed on a sub floor that's smooth, flat and rigid. They can be laid on a concrete slab, cement-based backer board, under layment-grade plywood, and existing tile if it's in good condition.
- Porcelain are very easy to clean. Wipe or mop with water or vacuum regularly. Avoid abrasives using steel wool and scouring pads. Unglazed porcelain require more frequent cleaning.
- Keep in mind that without radiant heat underneath, tiles can be cold on the feet, and uncomfortable to stand on for long periods. Also be aware that the tiles can crack and the grout can become stained.
Porcelain is made from a mix of fine clays and minerals fired at extremely high temperatures. This makes them harder and denser than ceramic tiles. It also makes porcelain tile resistant to staining, water, bacteria and odours. They comes in a variety of shapes, colors and styles, and are scratch- and fire-resistant.
Porcelain tiles are easy to maintain and do not fade easily. They can also take high traffic which makes them the right choice for public restrooms. Buying the product from a reliable which ensure high-quality, budget-friendly solutions.