As the saying goes, health is the ultimate wealth and education about health develops awareness, skills and positive attitude towards health and well-being. Education about health teaches how an individual can stay physically, mentally, emotionally and socially happy and healthy. It educates individuals to improve and preserve their health, stay positive, avoid illness and reduce risky behaviours. Health education inspires individuals to learn skills to make healthier decisions in the present and future. Educating on health creates health awareness and attitudes in them.
What is health education for students?
Health education is all about physical, emotional, mental and social well-being. Educating students on the values of health & wellness plays an important role in building their confidence.
The World Health Organization (WHO) directs schools to conduct health programs as a strategic means to prevent health risks among children and youth. National Public School (NPS), one of the best schools in Vidyaranyapura, Bangalore, a health-promoting school that prioritizes healthy growth by including various health awareness topics and activities. The school also:
- Encourages health education with all the measures at its disposal.
- Engages health and education officials, teachers, students and parents to make the school a healthy and hygienic place.
- Strives to provide a healthy environment.
- Implements healthy policies and practices.
Why Health Education in school?
Health Education allows a student to realize:
- Illegal drugs, smoking and consuming alcohol are hazardous to health.
- The harmful risks involved with obesity, diabetes, and other illnesses due to unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle.
- Creating awareness about health problems.
- Promoting healthy lifestyle through healthy concepts and behavioural patterns, thus enabling the students to make the best choice for their optimum health and well-being.
- Importance of maintaining the home, school, and surroundings clean.
- Encouraging students to convey health messages to the community and render support for any national health programs.
- Personal hygiene and dental care.
- Importance of nutritious food.
- Advantages of physical activity.
- Protecting the environment.
- Safety education and accident prevention with first aid.
A healthy person will enjoy life to the maximum and responsibly perform his duties. A healthy person is full of life, an added advantage to the family, society and nation. Always remember, a
A healthy, prosperous farmer is happier than an unhealthy king. Health education helps students to make healthier decisions, as a healthy body is home to a sound mind. If students get confined to a sickbed, their potential and talent are all laid back, which means that an unhealthy student with all the potential and abilities is lagging in the race of life. It is here that health education teaches students about their physical and mental health. A healthy person is one of the happiest persons in the world. National Public School (NPS) Vidyaranyapura, the best school in Bangalore North with branches spread across Bangalore, aims to educate its students on health.