The DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT is a BSOD error which is quite common nowadays with the users. It is merely a blue screen error that occurs due to the device having incompatible and outdated drivers. However, missing system file is also one of the reasonable culprits behind such issue. Some of the reasons also are memory issues, faulty system components, outdated BIOS, low disk space and more.
In case your system possesses the same, then there is no need to be fret. Here are some helpful steps that you can use to overcome DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT with ease. So, without wasting any more time, pursue the following method as listed underneath:
1. Turn Off Automatic Reboot:
When a BSOD issue arises in a device, the major problem that everyone encounters is Automatic restart. With this, it will become challenging to get rid of DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. So, it is highly suggested that to pursue the given steps and disable automatic reboot with ease.
- First and foremost, tap on Win + D hotkeys on your console.
- On the succeeding page, tap on the This PC icon.
- Then, click on the Properties from the following list.
- Now, choose Advanced system settings on the System window.
- On the System properties, switch to the Advanced tab.
- Hereafter, tap on the Setting available beneath Startup and Recovery section.
- Head over to the System failure button.
- Click on the Automatic reboot box to uncheck it.
- Press Ok and confirm the changes.
2. Update BIOS:
As we know, BIOS is one of the essential parts of the Windows system. There are plenty of hardware components that depend on it. A faulty or outdated BIOS can be the reason for errors like DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.
- On the taskbar, click on the Start Menu icon.
- Go to the Run dialog box.
- Type msinfo32 in the text area.
- Hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- On the following window, look for the BIOS Date or version.
- After that, open any preferred internet browser.
- Click on the Address bar and visit the Manufacturer website.
- Search for the latest BIOS and download it.
- Now, launch the updated BIOS file.
- Follow the onscreen steps and install the BIOS update systematically.
3. Solve Memory Errors Immediately:
Incorrect usage of memory devices or Faulty RAM can be harmful to cause DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT issue. In case your Windows PC is suffering from the same, then you will need to fix it instantly. For that, here are the instructions to access the Windows Memory diagnostic tool to eradicate it.
- To begin with, tap the Win + S hotkeys to open the Taskbar search option.
- In the vacant area, write memory.
- From the following result, tap on the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- After that, choose the “Reboot now and check for error” option.
- Once done, a message pops up, stating a blue screen memory error.
- When the process hits 100%, the system will prompt again to restart.
- After loading the desktop, the diagnosis result will be visible in your System’s tray.
4. Boot the Windows in Safe Mode:
Booting in Safe mode supported people to resolve such errors several times. However, if you want to boot your system into safe mode, then it only allows accessing the basic programs. So, here are the instructions:
- Initially, hit the Win + I hotkeys on your keyboard.
- On the Windows Settings, choose Update and Security.
- After that, click on the Recovery option from the left overlay.
- Now, head straight to the Advanced Startup.
- Choose the Reboot now option and continue.
- Once done, tap on the Troubleshoot button.
- Navigate to the Advanced option.
- Thereafter, press on the Startup Settings.
- Hit Restart icon when a message pops up “Enable Safe Mode.”
- At last, hit the F4 button simultaneously to dive into safe mode.
All in all, the methods described above are simple and straightforward that one can easily use to eradicate DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. So, make sure to follow every step properly as such an issue has become so dangerous that you have to take needed actions before it’s too late.