Amazon is one of the biggest multinational e-commerce companies. It runs the tremendously successful Amazon Affiliate Marketing program and is considered the fastest and most steady way of income.
If you are reading this post, you probably know how affiliate marketing works. But how Amazon Affiliate Marketing works is slightly different than the usual affiliate programs.
To become a successful Amazon Associate, you must know the basic eligibility requirements—from registration to creating links, promoting the product, and many more.
So here is the complete guide to starting your affiliate business, as we'll cover each step from absolutely zero to successfully joining Amazon Associates and earning your first commission.
What is Amazon Affiliate Marketing?
Amazon affiliate marketing is a program that enables users to become associates. If you have a website or a blogger, it's the most convenient way to make that extra income you have always wanted.
All it requires is to sign up for the Amazon associates program, create a link to the product and use it in your content, so whenever the audience clicks on the link and buys that product from Amazon, it's you who is earning the referral amount.
And best of all, joining this program comes free of cost and is very simple to use.
How Does Amazon Affiliate Program Work?
Now that you know about Amazon Affiliate marketing, you need to know how it works simply and easily.
The first thing you should know is that under this program, as an affiliate, you will receive the referral amount only when the redirected user has made the purchase successfully from Amazon.
How It Works: Steps
- Signing up with the Amazon Associate program.
- Creating the referral link for a product you want to promote.
- Using the referral link in the content.
- The reader or audience reads the content and clicks on the referral link.
- Users get redirected to the amazon product page by clicking on the affiliate link.
- The user then purchases the product.
- In return, the affiliates receive a share of each sale made through their link within 24- hours.
Next, a few other things you might want to note down here are:
- The referral fees for each sale you receive will be as per the product and category.
- You will receive the referral fees only if the redirected user places the order within 24 hours of getting redirected to the product.
- The 24 hours get refreshed each time the user gets redirected from the affiliate link.
- Choosing the products that fit well with your website and niche to promote will help you gain the audience's confidence.
Amazon Affiliate Program Rules and Requirements
As much as working with Amazon Affiliate business looks accessible and captivating, it also has some rules and regulations to abide by.
Since you will sign up for the Amazon Affiliate Program, you must go through these rules and regulations to ensure that Amazon doesn't ban you from their affiliate program.
Amazon has strict rules because it doesn't want you to take advantage of its program.
Below are the points you should consider and follow as an Amazon Associate.
- Make sure to hide and notify the users by putting a disclosure on your site that you may profit if they click on your recommendations.
- Watch while including the prices in your content or reviews, as they are subject to change often.
- Refrain from using shortened links.
- As soon as you sign-up for the Amazon Affiliate program
- Within six months of beginning your Amazon affiliate business, you must make three sales through referral links to keep your account open. In that case, don't try to make purchases using your referral links, as this is against Amazon policies and comes under fraudulent. So don't worry if it doesn't happen; you can reapply for a new Amazon Affiliate account.
- Be mindful of where you include the affiliate links except your website, YouTube, personal or business Facebook pages, or groups where people can see it publicly. But don't share the referral links in private groups or spam your referral links on other websites, as an Amazon affiliate can deactivate your account.
Learn, explore and even go through the rules and regulations on Amazon affiliate's websites. But be attentive to any slip or fraudulent activity performed to grow Amazon Affiliate business, as it can put your account into deactivation mode.
How To Become An Amazon Affiliate Marketer?
1. Choose Your Niche And Research
Starting any business requires a specific niche per your preference and interest. Once you have chosen a niche you are comfortable writing or creating content about, it would be easier to find products that align with your website and content.
It's simple if you love gaming or you are into sports, choose that niche and give reviews about games and their related products. Therefore, by doing this, you can easily incorporate your referral link without looking at it.
But if you know very little about home decor, you will probably fill up the words around, and you won't convince your audience to click on the referral link.
Research how others are promoting their blogs and using referral links to stay one step ahead and learn new ways. Many people write review-focused content to promote the products on their platforms directly.
2. Create A Website
After deciding on the niche with proper research, the next step is to create your website. The steps are to pick a domain name, choose a web hosting service and register that domain name with your web hosting. Additionally, make sure the domain name you choose has a high keyword search volume.
After registering with the domain name and hosting, you can create your website on any content management system like WordPress and others available in the market. However, we recommend you go with WordPress as it is easier to use and manage and provides a variety of themes and templates.
You are considering why we are discussing niche selection and website creation steps. Then you need to know that signing up for the Amazon Affiliate program requires basic information about your website, where you will post the content and use the affiliate links.
3. Put in An Attractive Theme And Templates
The first requirement while creating a website is to have appealing themes and templates. Choosing the template for your website should be based on providing a smooth user interface so a visitor can easily navigate the website.
4. Sign Up For The Amazon Affiliate Program
Here comes the next most crucial step in the Amazon Affiliate program. Before signing up for the Amazon Affiliate Program, ensure your website is fully ready and has steady traffic; Amazon inspects the website before approving it for the Amazon Affiliate program.
Once your website is ready, you can apply for the Amazon Affiliate program.
Here's how you need to apply for sign up with the program:
- Open the Amazon Associates page. At the top and bottom of the page, you'll see the “sign-up” option for Amazon Associates; click on that.
- You'll get redirected to a sign-up page where you have to use your existing account to log in to your Amazon account.
- As you have logged in, it'll redirect you to the ‘Creating Your Amazon Associates Account.'
- You'll have to complete all the steps from “Account Information” to “start using Associates Central.”
- You will have to enter the URL of your Website and mobile app, where you will promote products from Amazon. Amazon allows you to enter almost 60 websites where you'll be using the Affiliate link.
- In the next step, as you enter your website URL and describe your website. You'll also have to choose the topics that best describe your websites. After this, select the type of products you want to sell and the type of website you'll be using.
- In the end, enter the Captcha, check the box that says “agree to the terms and conditions of Associates Program Operating Management,” and click ‘Finish.'
- In the next step, choose the payment preference on how you want to receive the fees.
- There will be a few more steps about tax, proprietorship, and basic personal information, after which you can save and submit.
- Now you have successfully joined the Amazon Associate program. And you can get to the next step of creating Affiliate links.
5. Create Amazon Affiliate Link
Creating an Amazon Associate account doesn't take long if you have all the prerequisites ready with you. The next step, however, is to create an Affiliate link for the Amazon product you will use in your content.
Now, below are the steps for how you would create the affiliate link:
- Log in to your associate central account.
- Search for the products you want to promote in your content.
- You can search for the products via the search box in Amazon Associates.
- Select the ‘Get Link' button for the relevant product to get the Affiliate link.
6. Create A Worthwhile Blog And Promote Your Site
To make your Amazon affiliate marketing business successful, you must ensure enough website traffic. Therefore, we recommend that you do the proper research for the products and write the content convincingly.
One that would compel the reader to check it for themselves and end up buying it. You can write reviews, articles, or blogs describing the product smoothly. Furthermore, ensure you include a visible and attractive CTA which convinces the readers to click on it.
As you have finished including the affiliate link in your content, now is the time to promote your content to get heavy traffic and a reasonable conversion rate to earn referral income.
Tip: you can also create an email list and use email marketing tools to reach out to your audience.
Why Choose Amazon Affiliate Program?
Who doesn't love the extra income coming into their pockets? And if you are saying, of course, why not. Then what's better than Amazon's affiliate program?
If this isn't convincing, we have some more points to tell you why you should choose the Amazon Affiliate Marketing program:
- Simple and easy to start: All that is required to start this business as your income is a simple sign-up. Although, it would take a while for Amazon to approve and verify your request as an Amazon Associate, once you are in it, you can start your income with simple affiliate links.
- Amazon is a trusted brand: Ever since the beginning, Amazon has reached the highest audience and has the highest number of users across the country. As the most prominent online retail platform in the world, it is also the most trusted and popular brand. So there are high chances of attracting customers in the name of Amazon.
- Wide range of categories to choose from: As an Amazon Affiliate, you'll never have to worry about what you want to advertise. Interestingly, Amazon has over 120 million products in its catalog. This wide range of product categories gives you plenty of options.
- Make the profit 24X7: As an associate, you never know when the audience will purchase when you use referral links in your content and make it visible online. Therefore, for this reason, your referral amount will not be bound to any specific time, as you'll get paid for every product a consumer purchases within 24 hours of clicking the affiliate link.
Signing into Amazon Affiliate Marketing is one of the easiest ways to start an online business.
This Affiliate marketing program is a boon to anyone who meets the requirements and is keen to make the extra income.
The prerequisites include a high-quality website with a decent amount of traffic and content relevant to your niche, and that's all.
It is equally crucial to understand the rules and regulations of this platform so that you can avoid facing the deactivation of the account or getting banned from the program.
Lastly, just remember smart work and persistence is the key to making the Amazon Affiliate Marketing program a successful business.