Disclaimer: This is a user generated content submitted by a member of the WriteUpCafe Community. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of WriteUpCafe. If you have any complaints regarding this post kindly report it to us.
A Microsoft account helps you get all the services offered by a Microsoft company, and it's very easy to get into trouble with your account. If you lose your account's login credentials, you can easily get them back using account.live.com/acsr.
The process to Microsoft Password Reset
- First, go to Microsoft's official website and click Forget Password (or go directly to https://account.live.com/password/reset)
- Now Microsoft will check before you start the password reset process. Here, select the Email Account Options or Phone Number Options associated with your account.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your email address or phone number and click Get Code.
- If you select a verification option, you will receive a verification code depending on the verification method you choose. Enter the verification code and click Next.
- Now, after submitting the code, you will have access to enter your new password.
- If you enter a new password, your Microsoft account password will be reset successfully here.
- If for some reason you can't reset your Microsoft account password, you can fill out the recovery form for the same account. The account recovery form is available at http://account.live.com/acsr.