QuickBooks Web Connector error qbwc1039 usually triggers when the user connects a third-party application to QuickBooks desktop with the help of Web Connector. The error comes up on the screen with several error messages:
QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QBWCLog.txt for details.
QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open.
QBWC1039: This application does not have permission to access the QuickBooks company data file, and few others.
The error typically occurs when the company file is not open in QuickBooks. To more about the QuickBooks error qbwc 1039, its causes, and troubleshooting methods. read the blog till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to overcome QuickBooks error qbwc1039, then talk to the certified QuickBooks experts team by dialing our toll-free number (855)-526-5749
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC 1039?
Following are the factors that lead to error qbwc 1039: could not start QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks desktop is not updated to its latest version.
- QuickBooks has not given administrative access to the third-party application.
- The file has been moved to another location.
- The QuickBooks user has changed the file name.
- QuickBooks Web Connector is not set up to run when QuickBooks desktop is closed.
Let’s proceed to the solutions given below in order to fix the error.
Best Possible Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error qbwc1039
Following is the most effective troubleshooting procedure to get rid of QuickBooks error qbwc1039: there was a problem adding the application:
Method 1. Allow access to third-party applications
- Log in to QuickBooks as Administrator.
- If the QuickBooks desktop is in Multi-user mode, click on the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Move to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Click Integrated Applications, and then move to the Company Preferences tab.
- Unmark the box of Don’t allow any applications to access this company file.
- Now, when the SDK App Authorization pop-up, click Yes.
- Check the third-party application to allow access.
- At last, click OK.
If you still get the error qbwc1039 could not start QuickBooks, proceed to the next method.
Method 2. Set up Web Connector to run when QuickBooks is closed
- Again, sign up to QuickBooks as the Admin user.
- Click on the File menu and select Switch to Single-user Mode if QuickBooks is on Multi-user mode.
- Select the Edit menu and then the Preferences option.
- Go to the Integrated Applications, and then choose the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose the third-party application.
- Select Properties.
- Mark the Allow this application to log in automatically option.
- When the Authorization window appears, select YES.
- Select User to log in, then click OK.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps mentioned above help you fix QuickBooks error qbwc 1039. If the issue persists, feel free to contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number (855)-526-5749.