When you use your iPhone for a long time, it may get overloaded with extensive contacts. Some of the contacts that get collected over time may be useful for you or not because you forget to call or text them. That is why it is good to delete the contacts that are not important to you to make contacts lists fresh and updated.
This post will teach you to delete unwanted contacts from your iPhone. With the help of this post, you can delete one or multiple contacts in no time. Let’s see the practical ways to delete contacts from an iPhone.
How to delete only a single contact?
If you have to delete one or two contact information, follow the below instructions. These instructions will not help you to delete multiple contacts at a time. If you have to delete multiple contacts, see the next part of this guide.
- Access the Contacts app on your iPhone. The alternate way to find contacts is to use the Contacts tab located at the bottom.
- Search the contact you have to delete.
- Find an option called Edit. It will appear in the upper right corner.
- Now see the option called Delete Contact.
- Hit the pop-up that will appear at the name of Delete Contact.
- If you have selected any other contact, do the same steps to delete that contact.
How to delete multiple contacts at once?
If your contact list is full of several useless contacts and you want to delete them, don’t worry; you can delete them. If you think about deleting them one by one, it will be time taking, and the Contacts app on your iPhone hasn’t an option to delete multiple contacts at one time. So here is a different trick to delete all of the contacts at once. To do so, you will have to access a desktop browser and go to the iCloud website.
- Open a desktop internet browser and access iCloud’s official site. Sign in to your account through your Apple ID.
- Find and hit the web application of the Contacts.
- Take the help of the Ctrl key and pick all the contacts you have to delete.
- Go to the Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the left corner.
- Choose Delete from the pop-up.
- Confirm the delete command by clicking again on the Delete option from the pop-up.
How to delete contacts from a particular account?
Adding multiple email accounts on your smartphone is good. But the problem is when the contacts associated with those accounts make a long list by merging. The same contact appears multiple times in the resulting contact list. If you want to stop this activity, turn off the contact synchronization for all added accounts.
- Go to the Settings.
- Find Contacts.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose an account.
- Turn off the toggle button near Contacts to erase the contact information associated with that account.
How to manage contacts through the Groups app?
If you don’t want to go through the above hassle, here is an app called Groups to help you. This app facilitates the deletion of multiple contacts. You can start using this app for free, but you will need to pay for an ad-free version or more features.
- Go to the App Store and install the Groups app on your iPhone.
- Provide the required permission to the app to access contact details.
- Hit theAllContactsoption available at the top.
- Tick mark the blank circle next to the contacts you have to delete. When you tick the circle, it will turn red along with a white checkmark.
- Hit the option called Choose Action located at the top.
- Click on the Delete Contacts from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose the option called Remove from My iPhone from the pop-up.