Google Chrome browser’s home page can look a little boring and plain for the creative heads out there. But adding a striking theme, background, or wallpaper can spruce things up a little bit. You might not open or even look at Google Chrome’s home page all day long, but there’s no harm in making your workspace a little extraordinary. To generate a creative space, all you have to do is to visit the Google Web Store. Its extensive library holds something for every personality and vision.
When it comes to finding a theme for your Chrome page, you might end up looking for the perfect choice the whole day, when in reality it has been hiding under your nose. To minimize your search time, we have found some of the best themes for your below. But before that, you must learn how to add a new theme. Follow the step by step guide below for an effortless experience:
- On your desktop, open your Google Chrome browser and log into your Google account.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click on More Settings, and select Appearances.
- Then click on Themes, and it will direct you to the Chrome Web Store. You can skip all the steps and directly head to the Chrome Web Store.
- Surf through the themes and click on it, when you finalize the one you want on your screen.
- A new window will open. From there, click on Add to Chrome button on the right side of the screen.
- Open a new tab to check if the theme has appropriately applied to the browser.
Following are some of our top picks that might resonate with your choices:
It is for the people who want to make their browser look simple yet elegant. Under this search, you can see some themes with a classic aesthetic. You can look for keywords like Oceanic, Slate, Sea Foam, Banana, Ultraviolet, Serenity, Pink Triangles, etc.
If you are a goth fan or like an elegant, minimalistic, and dark view on your screen, then the ‘Dark and Black’ theme category in the theme is for you. Some of the best ones in this category are named as Wolf, Galaxy View, Alloy, Shine, Midnight Train, Lone Space, and Seattle Night.
This category includes all the themes with stars, galaxies, planets, and will make your browser look like another world beauty. Some of the best ones are Nebula, Unknown Space, Space, Space Lagoon, Rainbow Forest, and Space Debris.
If you feel peace at the sight of nature, then this Theme category will grab your interest. It includes landscape pictures of beautiful sceneries around the world, and some of the captivating theme named as Turkey, Eiffel Tower, Coral Reef, Greece Beach, Pink Lake, and Ocean.
If none of the themes matches your perspective, you can customize your vision. Here is how to do it:
- Open Google Chrome and log in to your account.
- Go to ThemeBeta.
- A new page will open where you’ll find all the steps involved in creating a custom theme for your browser.
- Start by giving a name to your theme creation. Click on ‘Upload an Image’ and select a picture of your choice from the preview pane.
- Use the controls on the preview pane to configure the image. You can also add layers of images, zoom in, zoom out, and more.
- Then click on ‘Generate Colors’ to add color to the toolbar and menu to match the theme you are creating.
- You can choose to edit them from the Colors and Images section from the top of the list.
- Once you’re satisfied with your choices, click on ‘Pack and Install’ to download the theme you’ve created.
- From the dialog box, click on ‘Keep.’ Then go to the folder where you downloaded the theme.
- Again, open Google Chrome and enter “chrome://extensions/” in the URL box.
- On the new page, switch on the toggle for ‘Developer Mode.’
- Here, drag and drop your created theme file. A box asking “Add ‘ThemeBeta.com’?” will appear on the screen.
- Click on “Add Theme,” and in a few seconds, you’ll find the theme applying on your browser.
All of these cover everything that will help you use the Themes like a pro. Customizing the browser theme for the first time will take some practice, but you’ll soon get the hang of it. All of these procedures do not include any charges.