A retractable awning can provide your home’s alfresco areas with some much-needed shade, allowing you to relax outside even when the sun is at its peak. To ensure that it complements the design of your home, however, you need to carefully choose what colour fabric you would like to use. Also keep in mind that colour has the ability to stir emotions, so make sure that you’re rousing the right ones using our handy tips list!
Although you can find almost any colour in the rainbow, some of the more popular colours for retractable awnings include:
- Red – This colour represents excitement and urgency. Many people choose red awnings because of their bold appeal. They’re particularly popular in commercial applications, as they’re great at garnering attention in a new and unique manner.
- Green – This colour represents health, nature and growth. It has many positive connotations and is even linked to wealth by some people, so could be a great addition to your home if you’re thinking about selling sometime in the near future.
- Blue – This colour represents trust, wisdom and dependability. It is a beneficial choice for awnings, particularly during the summer, as it evokes feelings of water and refreshment. It’s no wonder why a lot of famous brands have chosen to use it!
- Purple – This colour represents royalty and wisdom. It is a popular colour amongst women and creates quite a pleasant look, which has made it quite a popular choice for homes in more recent years. If you’re going for a beautiful aesthetic, you can’t go wrong.
- Black – This colour represents power, strength and stability. It can match with any colour, so if you’ve already chosen a colour palette for your alfresco area and you can’t find an awning to match, you’ll find that a black one will blend in quite well.
Which colours are more and less likely to fade?
After years of exposure to bright sunlight, you might notice the colour of your awning beginning to fade. Some colours resist fading better than others – colours like yellow, blue and green are great. Red, on the other hand, is prone to fading faster than other colours.
Which colours are best at hiding stains?
Since your retractable awning will be installed outdoors, it makes sense that it’s going to become dirty. Some colours are better at hiding stains than others. Black is the best for this, but it can also attract dust and pet hair. Red, blue, green and brown are also effective. Yellow tends to show stains the most.
If you are in the market for retractable awnings for your home and need to pick a colour for the fabric, we hope that the information provided above has enabled you to make the best choice for your home. If you’re still having trouble settling on a colour, make sure you speak with the experts – they’ll be able to assess your alfresco area and existing colour palette and recommend some fabrics and colours that they feel will work best.
We provide all type of awnings including channel awning, standard awning and pivot arm awnings, straight drop awnings, and motorised awnings in Melbourne, Australia.