Are you on the lookout for blinds and shutters in Sydney for your living room?
A Living Room is a liveable space, where the family gets together to spend time with each other, and where you enjoy the company of your friends. It is where you watch TV, where you have family discussions, where you celebrate special days.
So what should you look for when selecting window coverings for your living room?
- Your privacy – Your privacy is an important aspect of everyday life. No one likes outsiders prying into their life, and this is why we use suitable window coverings that provide the best privacy control for a home. Privacy control is not only about covering up your windows so that no one can see the inside of your home from the outside, it is also about you being able to enjoy the view out of your windows, while still keeping what goes on inside your home private. There are certain blinds where you can control the amount of privacy you get, such as Day & Night Roller Blinds, while others can totally block out the view from outside.
- Control the lighting in your room – This is the amount of natural light that you want to allow inside the room. You can either choose to totally black out the light or select window covering which give you greater control, where you can adjust it to get as much light as you want.
- It should match your current interior – The window covering you get for your Living Room should match your existing interior. If you have dull looking furniture, it would be a good idea to brighten things up a bit with some bright coloured curtains or blinds, on the other hand if you have a more elegant looking interior, then something like Plantation Shutters would be more suitable for you. You can easily find blinds and shutter in Sydney which you can customise to suit the colour theme and other design elements of the room.
- Insulation – What level of insulation are you looking for in the room? Are you looking to save on energy bills with greater insulation, or insulate a room just enough to feel comfortable in it during any season?
- Budget – One of the most important aspects when searching for window treatments for your home. While blinds such as Roller Blinds or Venetian Blinds are more on the reasonable side, there are other window coverings which are more expensive, such as Honeycomb Blinds, timber Plantation Shutters etc. What you choose for your home will need to depend on the budget you have allocated for it. A good supplier of blinds and shutters in Sydney should be able to provide you with the best solution depending on your budget.
What types of blinds and shutter are most suitable for your Living Room, considering the above factors?
- Vertical Blinds – These blinds contain vertical strips of fabric which are connected to a sliding track. Vertical Blinds are ideal for large or oversized windows, as well as sliding doors, and provide great control of both light and privacy. They are also quite reasonably priced, and you can add a touch of elegance or chic design depending on the colour and texture of the fabric you select. These blinds come in a variety of colours.
- Wooden or PVC Shutters – Shutters create an elegant and classy style for the room, and are best for smaller sized windows, although you can get them custom made to fit any size or odd shaped window. They provide great control of light and privacy, but tend to be on the more expensive side, being made of timber. A less expensive option for shutters maybe PVC Plantation Shutters, which are also very durable as they are moisture resistant unlike timber.
- Roller Blinds – Roller Blinds consist of a single sheet of fabric which is fitted to a roller at the top of the blind, and wraps around this roller or tube when being opened. They are a very low cost type of window blind which offers great control of both light and privacy, and which can be highly customised according to colour, print, fabric type etc.
- Honeycomb Blinds – Honeycomb Blinds in Sydney homes are very popular due to their extremely good insulation properties. Although they can be rather expensive, in the long run you will save a lot on energy bills. These blinds too can be customised with different colours, prints etc to suit your existing interior.
- Roman Blinds – Roman Blinds are made of fabric, and any type of fabric can be used for these, from sheer to black out, depending on your requirement for light and privacy. The fabric is available in many colours and prints.
- Venetian Blinds – These consist of blinds with vertical slats which you can control depending on the amount of light and privacy you want. You can get these blinds in a range of materials from aluminium to PVC.