The popularity of online games is increasing rapidly. Be it PlayStation or Nintendo Switch, every other kid or adult wants to get their hands on the latest tech and video games. Fortnite is an online video game that is released by Epic Games. As released for Android, you expect to get it from the Google Play Store. However, the catch is that the game is not available in the store.
The best thing about using an Android device is the capability to download ‘Android Package Kits.’ This enables the developers to allow the users to test the applications. Not only this, but it lets you install certain apps that you cannot access anywhere else.
Below is a guide on downloading Fortnite on your Android device without Google Play Store. Also, the installation process varies with the model of your device.
How to Download Fortnite on Your Android Device?
Launching and downloading Fortnite is not a piece of cake. It is quite a complicated process, but if you follow the instructions correctly, you’ll be able to do it with ease. The steps to install Fortnite on your Android device are:
The first and foremost step is to download the Fortnite launcher by visiting Epic’s official website.
- Go to ‘www.fortnite.com/android’ on your device.
- Hit the ‘Epic’ button.
- An Epic Games app will be downloaded in a few seconds.
- Once finished, tap on the download notification in the notification panel.
- When the installation is launched, you’ll need to enable the same manually.
- If a pop-up menu appears, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- A new menu window will open. Turn the slider on for the browser you want to use to download the app.
- Also, enable the ‘Unable Sources’ feature under the ‘Security’ tab in the Settings app.
- Hit the ‘Ok’ button when a pop-up appears.
- Go to the ‘Fortnite Installer’ and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- The Fortnite launcher will install in a few seconds.
- The game will start downloading only if you click on the ‘Install’ button again once the launcher installs.
- After the game installs, the first launch will download an asset file. Once it’s done, you’ll be finally ready to play.
How to Download Fortnite for Samsung Devices?
It is much easier to install Fortnite for Android on Samsung devices via the Galaxy App store. The steps to do the same are:
- Go to the ‘www.fortnite.com/android’ website on your Samsung device.
- You can also proceed from the Epic Games app page on the Samsung App store.
- Click on the ‘Samsung’ button on the page.
- The Fortnite page in the Galaxy Apps Store will open.
- Hit the ‘Install’ button to begin downloading the installer.
- Launch the installer once it’s downloaded, and click on the ‘Install’ button to download the game.
- Press ‘Allow’ for the storage permissions.
- After the installation completes, click on the ‘Launch’ button.
- The game will launch, but it still requires another gigabyte to download.
Follow the on-screen instructions further to enjoy playing the online game.
Daisy Martin is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world .