Did you try to play any YouTube video on the computer, and received the Audio Renderer error: Please restart your computer? If the answer to this question is yes, then do not worry. Several users face this issue, especially after they have installed an update or changed the audio device. No matter what the reason behind this problem may be, here are the best steps you can take to solve this error.
Reconnect the Audio and Restart the System
When you see a BSOD error, then you can resolve it by a simple reboot. Hence, first, disconnect the audio that is being used, and then restart the computer. After that, reconnect the audio and attempt to play a YouTube video again.
Launch Windows Audio Troubleshooter
- Go to the Windows logo and right-click on it.
- Then click on the Settings option.
- You should click on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- After that, select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the left side panel.
- Navigate to the right pane and select the ‘Additional Troubleshooters’ option.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Playing Audio’ option and select the ‘Run troubleshooter’ option.
- Now, you have to wait to complete the scan process.
Reinstall the Audio Drivers
- Go to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- Then reach the section of ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ and expand it.
- You should select the audio device and choose the ‘Uninstall device’ option.
- After that, in the verification pop-up, hit the Uninstall button.
- Now, reboot the system and reconnect the headphones or speakers.
Solution for ASIO Driver Users
- Go to the sound icon situated near where the date and time are shown and right-click on it.
- From the context menu, pick the Sounds option.
- You should choose the problematic device and then right-click on it.
- From the context menu, pick the Properties option.
- Navigate to the tab of Advanced.
- Go to the section of ‘Default Format.’
- Then pick the option of “16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).”
- You have to go to the ASIO sound settings pane and then reach the section of Audio.
- Now, ensure that the sample rate is set to 44100.
Update the Audio Drivers
- First, click on the search box in the taskbar.
- Type Device Manager into it. Hit Enter.
- Select Device Manager.
- Choose the audio category.
- Right-click on the audio driver you wish to update.
- Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Click on Update Driver.