As we know, VMware is virtualization software that permits people to make a fascinating virtual environment on their system. It offers a number of advantages that range from fault isolation to the capability to run various operating systems on the same device or even accessing an application for debugging before its last installation. However, VMware is not immune to issues and causing “VMware is not working on Windows.” So, this guide will help to resolve the problem with ease.
Turn off Hyper-V Listing
In case the user wishes to turn off Hyper-V listing, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the Cortana search and enter Task Manager into it.
- You should open the Task Manager from the outcomes.
- Optionally, reach the taskbar and right-click on it.
- Navigate to the Task Manager screen that launches, choose the Services option.
- Beneath the Services option, find the Hyper-V listings.
- After finding the Hyper-V listing, check whether its Status is displayed to be as Running.
- In case it’s working, right-click on the same, then choose the Stop option.
- Now, shut the Task Manager.
Prevent Hyper-V Services
In case the user wants to prevent Hyper-V services, then abide by the provided steps.
- Launch the Services the easiest method to do that is to enter Services into the Cortana search section and choosing within the search outcome displayed.
- Navigate to the Services screen, there possible are multiple listings for Hyper-V.
- You should check whether their Status is displayed as Stopped.
- Otherwise, go to each one and right-click on it then choose the Stop option.
In case the user wishes to prevent Hypervisor, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the Cortana section and enter ‘PowerShell’ to open the PowerShell on your system.
- Alternatively, reach the Start, and right-click on it, then choose the ‘PowerShell(Admin) from the menu that launches.
- Go to the PowerShell screen, enter the pursuing command: ‘bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off.’
- You should hit the Enter key.
- Now, restart the system.
- If Hypervisor is required for any other app, you should always turn on the same again.
- For turning on the Hypervisor again, open the PowerShell.
- Go to the PowerShell screen, enter the pursuing command: ‘bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto.’
- You have to hit the Enter key.
- Now, restart the system.
Disable Memory Integrity
In case the user wants to disable memory integrity, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Cortana section and enter Windows Security into it.
- You should launch Windows Security from the results.
- Go to the Windows Security and select the Device Security within the options on the left-hand side panel.
- Beneath the Device Security, select the ‘Core isolation details’ beneath the ‘Core isolation.’
- you have to switch the toggle of Memory integrity to disable it.
- In case the choice is grayed out, you will have to create needed changes into the registry to disable it.
- Open the Registry Editor by inputting ‘regedit’ into the Cortana section and choosing from the search outcomes displayed.
- From the choices on the left hand side, choose: ‘ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlDeviceGuardScena’.