Body scrubs should be an essential part of your routine skin care treatment in order to maintain soft, smooth and healthy-looking skin. A body scrub has many benefits, such as:
- Removing dead skin cells.
- Increasing blood circulation.
- Cleanses the skin by exfoliating.
- Rejuvenates skin and gives you younger looking skin.
- Prevents ingrown hair.
- Relieves stress.
Natural ingredients in body scrubs are good for your skin, whereas chemicals can do more harm than good. Natural ingredients can give many benefits including giving you radiant and flawless skin. Natural oils in these scrubs such as coconut oil and olive oil, help moisturise, hydrate and nourish the skin as the oils are absorbed in.
Benefits of some of the natural ingredients used in body scrubs and exfoliators in Sri Lanka are:
- Bamboo – Once it is ground, it becomes a silica rich exfoliating powder, that is great at removing any impurities from the skin. Give the skin a natural radiance.
- Charcoal – Removes dead skin and is great at controlling excess oiliness. Charcoal also brightens the skin’s complexion.
- Cocoa Butter – Great at reducing stretch marks and works well as a moisturiser and hydrator for the skin.
- Coffee – Helps treat acne and other skin conditions such as dead skin and under eye circles. Gives the skin a moisturised, silky smooth look. Coffee is great for younger looking skin and to add a glow and improved texture to your skin.
- Sugar – Works well as an exfoliator and brightens and evens out the skin. Helps remove toxins and dry skin.
Body scrub prices in Sri Lanka range from between Rs. 500 to Rs. 2,000, depending on the ingredients it contains. These scrubs and exfoliators in Sri Lanka are available at many retail and online stores. When buying a body scrub however, it is always good to check the ingredients if they are all natural as some could contain other ingredients as well.