Apart from helping content creators in earning money, the super follow feature will aid reporters worldwide.
Twitter, in its recently concluded virtual analyst meet, had two significant announcements. One announcement was related to the content creators where they can charge their followers to see additional content. The other one was giving the users the ability to join specific groups according to their liking and interest.
Twitter has set its eye on doubling its revenue by 2023. It is the main reason why Twitter has announced the two new features.
What is Super Follow?
Super Follow is a new feature through which the content creators on Twitter will earn money from exclusive tweets and other content. By paying a monthly fee, Twitter will allow the users to follow accounts of their favorite content creators and enjoy some fantastic perks.
These perks include:
- Subscriber for only newsletters
- A badge for the supporters
- Exciting new deals and discounts
- Access to exclusive content
- Community group access
How does Super follow work?
Over the years, we have seen a transition of direct payment tools. In the modern era, direct payment tools have become online for virtual content creators. The digital payment tools had quite a substantial success on platforms like Facebook, GitHub, YouTube, etc.
To increase its revenue, Twitter is looking to take a cut from these payment tools. Besides, the famous micro-blogging site is also looking for subscriptions to add to methods of revenue.
Launching Twitter Communities
Twitter is looking to create communities like which are similar to Facebook Groups. According to the Twitter authorities’ information, Twitter users will have the freedom to discuss a centralized topic.
Also, the users can share their tweets with several other groups as well.
What are Twitter’s long-term goals?
The leading social media platform has some ambitious plans, and the announcement of features like Super Follow is testimony to it. Moreover, the company has a list of goals that it plans to achieve by 2023.
- First and foremost, the company is looking to double up its revenue by the end of 2023. It directly means that the number of features shipped per employee would be doubled.
- The company aims to reach 315 million monetizable daily active users (mDAU) by the last quarter of 2023. It will represent a 20% compound annual growth.
- Twitter has set a revenue target of $7.5 billion in 2023 from $3.7 billion in 2020.