Although we concentrate a lot on indoor window treatments to protect a home from the heat, light and to gain privacy, there are certain outdoor window coverings that give more protection from the harsh sun by covering a window from the outside. Awnings are one such window treatment.There are many different types of Awnings:
- Retractable Awnings.
- Fixed Awnings that are fitted to the wall.
- Portable Awnings.
- Straight Drop Awnings.
While some Awnings provide shade for the window, other types of awnings are ideal to separate or cover and outdoor area from the elements, creating a separate outdoor entertainment or dining area for your home, so that you can enjoy the great outdoors no matter what the season or weather. Straight Drop Awnings in Sydney are very popular for such purposes.Benefits of using awnings:
- Protects the home externally from the elements – Awnings can help protect your home from damage caused by rain water, ice, sleet etc, as well as from the harsh sunlight.
- Energy saving – A big percentage of the heat and cold inside a home comes through the window. Hence protecting your windows from the outside can help reduce it and also help you save on energy bills.
- Protects your interior – The shade provided by awnings prevents the sun’s harmful rays from damaging and destroying your furniture and the general interior of your home.
- Aesthetic appeal – Awnings come in a wide range of designs, styles and colours, and can add just the right splash of style to your home.
- Enhances the value of a home – Because awnings are both energy efficient and aesthetically appealing, they will greatly enhance the value of a home, and can even make it look much larger than it really is.
Awnings, including Straight Drop Awnings in Sydney, are available with many reputed vendors of blinds and shutters.