ISO 27001: Information Security Management System
For Organizations Information Security ISO 27001 Certification protects Sensitive data and this is one of the most important assets’ for any organization, therefore it makes sense to prioritize its security. Information security ISO 27001 Certification is the systematic use of the ISO Standard implementation as a method of preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, inspection, recording or destruction” of sensitive records.
Information security is a business problem not an IT problem. There are many ways to achieve security risk management, therefore a standard like ISO 27001 puts formalities in place to endure the right thought processes have been followed.
The Information Security ISO 27001 Certification plays important roles:
1. It protects the organization’s ability to function.
2. It enables the safe operation of applications implemented on the organizations IT systems.
3. It protects the data the organization uses and collects.
4. It safeguards the technology the organizations uses.
Certification to an information security management system will provide any organization with a system that will help mitigate risk of a security breach, furthermore which could have legal or business continuity implications.
An effective and correct ISO 27001 ISMS (Information Security Management System) provides the management a framework of policies and procedures that will keep the organizations’ information secure.
Attaining an ISO 27001 certification shows that a business has:
• Protected information from getting into unauthorized hands
• Ensured information is accurate and can only be modified by unauthorized users
• Assessed the risks and mitigated the impact of a breach
• been independently assessed to an international standard based on industry best practices
Having an ISO certification demonstrates that: firstly, you have identified the risks, secondly, assessed the implications and thirdly put in play systemised controls which in effect will limit any damage and minimise hindrance to the organization. Additionally, will gain potential clients’ trust and send of security knowing, that their information is under secure hands.
In the event of a security breach, the ISMS manual consequently will need to be under review and have corrective actions, to prevent the security breach from happening again.
Some of the benefits include:
• Increased business resilience
• Stronger customer and business partner confidence
• Increased reliability and security of system and information
• Alignment with customer requirements
• Improved management process and integration with corporate risk strategies.
• Protect and enhance your reputation
• Comply with business, legal, contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Improve structure and focus.
• Reduce the need for frequent audits
In summary there are quite a few benefits for getting certified. Furthermore, the certification will help get new or retain new businesses, protect and enhance your reputation and also satisfy audit requirements. Read More…