When any company or developer designs any apps, sometimes they just focus too much on the functioning of the app and almost forget to set up a nice looking icon for that app. Fortunately, now, within some modern devices, it is possible to change an app’s icon. Whether you use a Windows computer, iPhone, or Android device, you can easily change the icon of any app. Want to know how? Do you also want to change an app’s icon on any of your Apple devices but don’t know how to do so? Well, within iOS, you can easily change the app icons on any of your devices. Apple provides you with several ways to customize your device’s home screen display. You can customize an app icon by changing it into an image of your choice, and you can do so not only on your iPhone but on any Apple device.
A lot of users don’t know the way to change an app icon on their Apple devices. If you are also one of those iOS device users, then you don’t need to go anywhere else to search for the methods for performing this task. Here, you will get to know everything about changing the apps’ icons on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Here, through the following article, we will show you the procedure for performing the following task. So, if you want to know how you will change an app icon on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac device, you will have to go through this complete article.
The Techniques for Changing the App Icon on the iPhone, iPad, and macOS
Changing any app icons on any Apple device is not only possible, but it is a relatively simple task, and one can perform this task within a very short time. All you need to do is follow the techniques that we are going to mention here. And before getting started with the steps for changing the app icons, you will need to choose the new icon that you can use. With the stock apps, you will not be able to do much about the app icons, but with other apps, you can change the icons to anything you like. So, let’s start with the procedure for changing the app icons on the iPhone and iPad:
The Steps for Changing the App Icons on the iPhone and iPad
Here’s what you will need to do to change an app icon on your iPhone or iPad:
- First of all, launch the Shortcuts app on your device.
- After opening the app, go to the library tab and then tap on the “+” icon that you will see in the upper-right corner of your screen. This way, you will be able to create a new shortcut for changing the app icon.
- Now, choose the preferred action that the shortcut will perform and then tap on it. You can use the backward and forward-pointing arrows to undo or redo the performed actions.
- To change the order of the individual actions, simply tap and hold the action whose order you would like to change and then drag it to the preferred position.
- Now, you will need to assign a name to the created shortcut. You can do so by tapping on the symbol with the two toggle switches that you can see on the upper-right corner of your screen.
- After creating your shortcut, confirm the action by tapping on the “Done” button.
- Now, to customize your created shortcut, go to the library section and tap on the shortcut. After this, go through the Settings icon located in the upper-right corner of the shortcut.
- Now, on the next screen, again tap on the option of “Settings.”
- Now, select any icon by tapping on it. And that’s it. And now, the app’s icon will be changed automatically.
So, this is how you can change the app icons on your iPhone or iPad. Now, let’s see how you can do the same on your Mac computer:
The Steps for Changing an App Icon on macOS
First of all, you will have to find a PNG file for the app icon and then visit Cloud Convert. Here, you will be able to convert your PNG file. After converting it into the ICNS file, download it to use.
Here are the steps that one must follow to change the app icon on the Mac computer:
- Firstly, launch the Finder app on your Mac computer.
- Now, locate the app whose icon you are going to customize.
- And then, you will need to right-click on the app and then tap on the option of “Get Info” appearing in the context menu.
- And next, navigate to another Finder window and then navigate to the ICNS icon file.
- You will have to drag the downloaded icon file and then place it over the icon that you can see in the “Get Info” window. And now, the app icon will be updated.
So, this is how you can change an app icon on your Mac device. If you ever want to reset the icon to default, here’s how you can do so:
- Open up the Finder app on your computer and then head to the app whose icon you want to change.
- Proceed with right-clicking on the app and then select the option “Get Info” from the menu.
- After reaching the Get Info window, tap on the current icon, after which it will be highlighted.
- And lastly, navigate to the ‘Delete” key, after which the icon will be changed and reset to the default icon.
So, this is how you can change the app icons on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer. And that is all for now. To know more about Apple devices, please visit our website.