Microsoft Edge is one of the most popular and commonly used web browsers, and it is used by millions of users worldwide. You can use this internet browser on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Like all the other browsers, Microsoft Edge also provides its users with several useful features to maximize their browsing experience. Microsoft recently launched the latest version of the Edge browser, which can also be called as “Chromium” browser. This newest version of the Edge browser includes a lot of the latest great features that any user can easily use. This version comes with the ability to run hundreds of extensions. It is the same feature that you can also find in the Google Chrome browser. This latest version of the Microsoft Edge browser is much faster than the previous one, and it will also help you increase your productivity level.
You will find the Chromium-based Edge browser way better than the previous version. To have the best web surfing experience, you just need to know how to use this browser efficiently. Now, to clear your browsing history in any web browser, you generally visit its main menu. But, you know, you can delete your Edge browsing history using a keyboard shortcut also. Yes, that is completely possible. Are you also one of the users of the Microsoft Edge browser? Do you want to know how you can clear your Edge browsing history with a keyboard shortcut? If you want to know, then this article is all about guiding you to perform this task. The following article will let you know the technique that you can follow to clear your Edge browsing history by using a keyboard shortcut. So, to get to the method, you need to keep reading this post.
The Process for Deleting Edge Browsing Data With a Keyboard Shortcut
Whenever you browse, search, or visit any site using any web browser, all of your activities get automatically stored in the history section. And that can make your browser slower. So, for fast browsing, you should clear your browsing history from time to time. If you are a new user of the Edge browser, you might not be aware of how you can clear your browsing history through a keyboard shortcut. This is the best and most straightforward method to clear your Edge browsing history on your computer. This way, you don’t have to enter the main menu to remove your browsing data. Using a shortcut key, you can quickly delete your entire browsing history at once. There can be many reasons why you want to clear your Edge browsing history. You can do so by following the procedure that we are going to mention in this article.
The Instructions to Clear Edge Browsing History on Windows Computer
If you are a Windows user and want to clear the Edge browsing history on your computer, here’s how you can do so:
- First of all, you will have to launch the “Microsoft Edge” browser on your computer. You can do so using a shortcut key combination “Ctrl + Shift + Delete.”
- After using this shortcut key, you will now see a “Settings” tab on your screen. And along with that, a window called “Clear Browsing Data” will also appear on top of it.
- Now, if you want to make it quick, in that case, you will have to press the “Tab” key several times. Keep pressing the key until you see the “Clear Now” button highlighted on your screen. And then hit the enter key.
- If you are using the shortcut for the first time, then it is the right time to select which category of your browsing history you want to delete. This also includes the time range for the records which will be deleted. And after this, the browser will remember the settings that you have made. This way, the next time you use the shortcut key, you will delete your browsing history more quickly.
- After you are done with the selections and are ready to clear your browsing history, then go to the option of “Clear now.”
- You might have to wait for a few minutes as the process may take some time. And after this, your browsing history will be cleared according to the options that you selected. And now, you can close the Settings tab and can continue using the browser.
To delete the Edge browsing data on a Mac computer, you will have to follow the same procedure. And instead of the shortcut key mentioned earlier, you will have to use the key combination of “Command + Shift + Backspace” key. Also, please note that the backspace key on the Mac computer is called the Delete key.
This is how any Windows or Mac user can quickly delete the Edge browsing history on their computer systems. If you are concerned about your online privacy and security, you need to take some time and follow this procedure to clear your browsing history. And if you find yourself frequently deleting your browsing data, you can consider using your browser in private browsing mode. For this, you can go through the related articles by visiting our website. And that’s all for now. Please stay tuned with us to get all the updates timely.