Small business contact management software helps you to visualize and track sales performance metrics through customer relationship profiles. These profiles help distinguish prospects at every stage of the funnel while building a pipeline and helping your client base grow with your business. Tracking outreach and booking progress also help your organization better manage its revenue. There are a couple of facets you – as a small business – should look out for when selecting your first Contact management software:
· Low budget: Small businesses and startups are always looking for the most cost-efficient option. That is why we’ve selected all budget-friendly tools (some of which are even free!).
· Easy to learn: The learning curve is also an important factor for SMBs. Most smaller businesses don’t have the time to master a complex, enterprise-grade software. There is no IT or CRM expert needed to use the tools listed below.
· Customizable: Some tools dissect every minor interaction which can not only produce an overwhelming amount of data but also keep you from your goal. Try a tool that has a wide range of applications but doesn’t overdo it.
· Integrates well with other tools: It’s always good to have software that can take on all your other tools and mix data for the ultimate results.
· Customer Support: This is another big one. Because most SMBs have pretty small teams, it’s helpful to have a tool that offers sufficient support to get you up and running.