Google Maps is the best navigation tool developed by Google to provide information about different geographical areas. It shows you the right path when you need to go to an unknown place. If you have to drive a vehicle, you can use the route planner feature of Google Maps for the proper direction of the destination. Google Maps uses GPS or Global Positioning System to provide accurate results about different locations.
Google Maps also offers many facilities for the users. It allows you to share your real-time location with someone so that one can find your exact location. Google Maps also allows you to share location for a certain period. You also get options for sharing location with contacts on your smartphone.
To get all these advantages of Google Maps, you will need to learn how to share the real-time location. So keep reading this post about sharing location on Google Maps.
Give an update about your current location with contacts on Android and iOS devices
- Launch Google Maps on your phone and open your profile.
- Hit the button Location Sharing.
- If you are new on Google Maps and sharing location for the first time, you will get a proper introduction about choosing the persons from your contact list. You may need to provide access to your contact details to Maps. Moreover, you have to tap New Share.
- After choosing one from the contact list, you will have to choose the time duration for sharing the location. You can choose the period at once or extend it in case you have to continue your journey.
- You will get updates about your live contact.
- To share a location with another person, click on the button New Share and follow the same rule.
- You can stop sharing location anytime by hitting the button sharing status and then tapping on Stop.
Give an update about your current location through an app on Android and iOS devices
- Open your Google Maps app and click on Location Sharing.
- If you are new to location sharing, Maps will provide you instructions about choosing the contacts. Here, you will have the option to get a shareable link to share on an app. You can quickly get this option on Android devices, but you may need to click the button More Options on iOS devices.
- Now select the app to share your location. Or, if you don’t see the app on the list, get a shareable link.
- To get a shareable link, explore the sharing area to get an option for a shareable link and tap on Sharing via a link.
- Click on the Copy link and share where you want.
In that way, you can easily share your Google Maps location with your contacts and apps. When you share a location with others, Google Maps provide them a map pin about your location. They can access details about your location by clicking on the map pin.