In this article, we will discuss how you can easily use a custom background on Google Meet. Google’s announcement regarding the introduction of custom backgrounds happened in June 2020. Finally, before the end of the year, the company has successfully added support for the custom backgrounds for the users. This is one of the key features that was earlier missing from the service, but luckily it has been added by Google after making users wait for a few months. A long gap was figured out when the features of Google Meet were compared with that of Zoom. Google Meet lacks a vast number of features that are there in Zoom but even though, on a slow pace, the gap is closing. Google Meet offers virtual background for both paid as well as service.
You can use custom backgrounds on Google Meet with the steps that we have mentioned below. But before that, please be noted that the use of the custom background is only available for the web service of Google Meet. However, the feature will soon be launched for iOS and Android apps, as stated by Google. Also, please be aware that the custom backgrounds feature cannot be accessed by the individuals or organizations that have taken the G Suite for the “Education” plan.
How to Use Virtual Backgrounds on Google Meet?
You can use the below-mentioned steps to use custom backgrounds:
- With the help of a few straightforward steps, you can use Custom backgrounds on Google Meet.
- When you are on a conference call with anyone, you need to press the three dots appearing at the bottom-right corner of your screen and click on the “Change Background” option.
- From that option, you can easily select any of your desired virtual backgrounds.
- In case you want to blur the background, you can do so with the help of a vast number of preloaded images like cafe scenes, libraries, beaches, and other backgrounds. The blur background feature works impressively well and without any issues regarding face trimming.
- In case you wish to add your desired background, then simply press the “+” button appearing there on your screen.
- Then you need to choose further the image you wish to upload as your custom background.
So this was all about how you can use custom backgrounds on Google Meet. Please do remember that the service only supports images as custom backgrounds. It does not have any support for the dynamic videos as custom backgrounds. Also, you need to be assured that the image you are uploading is in JPG format and under 16MB of file size.