Drivers are one of the most important components to run a computer system. For every hardware to use with your system, you obviously need drivers. And to maintain the performance of your device, you should update the drivers from time to time. By updating the drivers on your PC, you will be able to have the best computing experience. And now, talking about the latest Windows version, which is Windows 11, it is now running on most PCs, and it has many excellent computing features that you can use to perform any task. Windows 11 has a totally revamped user interface that you might have already noticed if you are also currently using this version. It seems pretty straightforward to perform any task on a Windows 11 computer.
And even though the latest Windows versions, including Windows 10 and 11, update the drivers automatically through OS updates, some of them might remain outdated. This might be because some of the updates are paused on your PC. There are several ways using which you can check and update the drivers on your Windows 11 computer. If you want to see the methods, you should keep reading this entire post.
When you should check for driver updates in Windows 11
However, it is recommended to check the updates for drivers regularly, and there might be certain situations when you immediately need to update any driver. When you purchase a new device, you need to update the drivers because the installed ones might be outdated. Also, when you add a new hardware component to your PC, you need to check whether the drivers to run it are updated or not. And you must know that upgrading the drivers on Windows 11 is simple and fast. You simply need to follow some easy instructions. Here, we have mentioned two of the most convenient methods that you can use to perform the following task. Let’s get started by discussing the first technique.
Update the drivers on Windows 11 via Device Manager
This is the easiest way to update drivers on a Windows 11 PC. With a few clicks, you will be able to update the drivers for audio, graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi adaptors, etc. Also, you need to know that you need a stable internet connection to update the drivers on your Windows 11 PC. With that said, let’s see the instructions you will have to follow:
- You will initiate the task by pressing the Windows 11 shortcut key, which is “Windows + X,” and this will open up the quick links menu.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, you will select the option of “Device Manager.”
- And when you see the Device Manager window on your screen, you will choose the driver you want to update.
- Let’s say, to update the graphics driver, go to the Display Adaptors menu and right-click one of the entries.
- You will see that one of the entries is the integrated GPU, and the other is a discrete GPU from AMD. You will click on the “Update Driver” option.
- On the prompt that shows up now, click on “Automatically Search for Drivers,” after which the OS will start searching for the specific driver from Microsoft’s vast catalog of online drivers.
- If you see there is an update available, the latest driver will start installing on your Windows 11 PC, and you will need to restart your device.
- And if there is no update available, it will notify you that the best and updated driver is already installed on Windows 11 PC.
- If an update is not available, you can search for it. To do so, you will click on “Search for updated drivers on Windows Update. “
- The Windows Update page will now be showing up on your screen. Here, if you see an update is available, it will get downloaded along with Windows 11 updates.
- In case you see that a driver related to graphics, audio, or the mouse is causing issues on your PC, you can also install an alternate build of the driver.
- To get the alternate build of the driver, you will have to get to the Settings screen by pressing the keys “Windows + I” on your keyboard.
- After you get to the settings page, go to the left pane and select “Windows Update.”
- You will now have to click on “Advanced Options.” And next, you will click on “Optional Updates.”
- At last, select the driver you want to update and click on the “Download and Install” button. Windows 11 will now download and install the driver update on your computer.
Downloading Windows 11 driver updates with a third-party program
Here is the alternate method to update the drivers on a Windows 11 PC. Go through the instructions mentioned here:
- Firstly, you need to download IObit Driver Booster on your PC, which is a free tool.
- After the completion of the downloading process, use the downloaded EXE file for installation.
- And after the installation process, you will have to launch the program, and then it will start scanning all the hardware devices on your PC.
Finally, select the driver you are going to update and click the “Update Now’ button. And then, you will need to restart your PC. That’s it.