Playing sports is a common physical activity taken up by health-conscious individuals globally. Not only professional athletes, but children as well as adults play sports. However, participation in sports may also lead to physical injuries, requiring the right practices for prevention and the right treatment for faster recovery. Several products, as well as invasive and non-invasive procedure and advanced techniques, are used for prevention and treatment of these injuries.
Sports medicine, a significant part of the healthcare sector, provides treatment and recovery for several injuries that occur during sports, exercises or any other physical activities. The healthcare professionals associated with sports medicine are specialized professionals with expertise on treating, and preventing, sports injuries, to help the injured athletes heal and recover faster. The global sports medicine market was estimated to be $5.99 billion in 2018 and is expected to be $9.25 billion by 2026. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.64% from 2019 to 2026.
The global sports medicine market is segmented into three different parts: ‘by products’, ‘by application’, and ‘by region’. The global market value for sports medicine was estimated using these three different approaches and was validated against one another.
Based on products, the market can be sub-segmented into body reconstruction and repair, body support, and accessories market respectively. The market for body reconstruction and repair dominates the market in terms of revenue. The growth of the body reconstruction and repair market is accredited to the efficiency of these for advanced methods of treatment for different injuries. However, these type of repair and reconstruction devices are mostly preferred for correcting any type of injury.
Based on application, the market can be classified into various injury applications such as knee injury, shoulder injury, hip injury, foot and ankle injury, elbow and wrist injury, and others. Knee injuries were the most common type of injuries and contributed the maximum revenue to the global sports medicine market with a share of 28.16% in 2018.
The market is sub-segmented into five distinct regions — North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest-of-the-World. Region-wise, North America was estimated to be the dominant region with a revenue share of 49.45% in 2018. This is majorly due to the presence of key players in the region along with better healthcare infrastructure and facilities. Government initiatives taken to promote fitness and sports, rising consumer spending, and the increase in exercise for health reasons, are some of the factors that have contributed to the expansion of sports medicine in the North America region.
The key players that have been contributing significantly in the sports medicine market include Smith & Nephew, Stryker Corporation, DePuy Synthes, RTI Surgical, Osiris Therapeutics, Arthrex Inc., Bioventus LLC, Breg Inc., Ceterix Orthopedics Inc., CONMED Corporation, DJO LLC, General Electric Company, Johnson & Johnson, Mueller Sports Medicine, Inc., RTI Surgical, INC., Wright Medical Group N.V., and Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., among others.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What is sports medicine? What are the products included in sports medicine?
• What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global sports medicine market?
• What were the market shares of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global sports medicine market in 2018 and what will be its share in 2026?
• How will each segment of the global sports medicine market grow during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2026?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
• What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
• What are the major regulatory authorities/ associations/ consortiums affecting the sports medicine market?
• Which product segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the global sports medicine market?
• How has the market been segmented based on application? Which application segment had the largest share, and the fastest growth rate in the global sports medicine market?
• Which region will contribute to the highest sales of the sports medicine during the forecast period and which will have the highest CAGR?
Get Free Sample Report – https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=666&type=download
his research report aims at answering questions related to various aspects of the global market with the help of the key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The regions that the market has been segmented into, has been sub-segmented into various countries, and for each of these countries, the key market trends, list of the key players, as well as recent developments for these key players.
BIS Related Studies